- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision AR15 Upper Receiver
- Handguard: Two-Piece USGI Style Polymer Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 16" 1:7 Twist 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: Mil-Spec Front Sight Base (Pinned)
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Aero Precision Phosphate 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group
- Charging Handle: Mil-Spec Charging Handle
- MPI and HP Tested
- Government Profile
- Weight: ~4 lbs.
- Length: ~24.4"
- AR-15 lower receivers
- 1x Aero Precision 16" Mid-Length 5.56 Complete Upper w/ Pinned FSB
- 1x Aero Precision Phosphate 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group
- 1x Mil-Spec Charging Handle
Though modern AR-15 uppers can be cool, there is something unique about a standard Mil-Spec USGI style AR-15. They are simple, affordable, and work perfectly for self-defense, range shooting, and many other purposes. If you want to build a Mil-Spec AR-15, you should use the Aero Precision 16" Mid-Length 5.56 Complete Upper.
It features a CMV (Chrome Moly Vanadium) steel barrel, which is stronger than stainless steel barrels, has higher heat resistance, and is corrosion resistant as well. The barrel is 16 inches long and has a pinned Mil-Spec front sight gas block combo with a mid-length gas tube. It is also threaded and comes with a standard Mil-Spec A2 style birdcage flash hider.
The handguard is a USGI-style two-piece polymer handguard. The upper assembly includes an Aero Precision AR15 Upper Receiver, which has a forward assist and port door and also features M4 feed ramps for reliability in the feeding of ammunition.
High Pressure Tested
This complete upper assembly includes a bolt carrier group and a charging handle. In addition, the included Aero Precision Phosphate 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group is high pressure tested, magnetic particle inspected, and shot-peened. The charging handle has a standard Mil-Spec design.