MPN: A04004 / A04005
- Fully Symmetrical Blast Chamber - Promotes balanced gas flow for reduced bullet yaw and maximum accuracy potential
- Digressing Baffle Thickness - Stress optimized baffles diminish in thickness to minimize bore aperture wall surface and reduce baffle/projectile interaction
- Perfect Bore Alignment - High tolerance class-III threads machined in same operation as bore aperture to guarantee perfect concentricity
- Deeply Recessed Exit Hole Crown - Protects exit hole from impact damage
- Delivers recoil energy reduction of 70% or higher for many cartridges
- Closed bottom design minimizes dust signature when shooting prone
- Top venting gas port provides significant reduction in muzzle climb/jump
- Angled “V” shaped blast baffles divert reflected blast above and below shooters ear for lower perceived concussion and noise
- Available in a Ionbond DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) matte black and in natural matte stainless
- Heat treated and stress relieved
- Accu-Washer™ Muzzle Alignment System is recommended for installation to achieve the best performance (sold separately). Caution: Do not use crush washers with this product.
- Caliber: 6.5mm / .264 Caliber
- Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Matte Black DLC or Matte Stainless Steel Finish
- Weight: 5.5 oz.
- Length: 2.7"
- Height: 1.19"
- Width: 1.37"
- Bore Diameter: 0.29"
- Thread: 5/8"-24
- Any .22-.264 caliber barrel with 5/8"x24 TPI (including 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 Grendel)
Even when you run the smaller calibers, you have to contend with the same forces after the shot as anyone else. Plus, you want the highest possible performance out of your rifle, whether you're only shooting for fun or for real. Fighting these forces usually don't turn out as well as working with them. The best way to work with your rifle instead of fight with it is by using a Precision Armament 6.5 muzzle brake.
It Has Got To Go Somewhere
If you shoot a naked barrel, the force of the shot is coming right back into your shoulder. The Precision Armament 6.5 muzzle brake takes that force and diverts it upward and laterally away from you. Therefore, recoil is greatly reduced, the concussion of the shot is diverted up and away from your face, your rifle muzzle stays down, and your shoulder will thank you.
First, the Precision Armament 6.5 muzzle brake features high-tolerance Class-3 threads inside. Just what does that mean to you? Well, when threads wear the title of Class-3, that means the threads are carefully machined to tighter tolerances, this translates to higher potential accuracy. Plus, these threads are cut at the same time as the bore aperture, on the same high-tech machine. This means you get perfect bore alignment, which again, results in greater accuracy. When you look at the business end of this brake, take note of its recessed crown. That isn't by accident, this an old-school, custom trait of highly accurate target barrels. Realistically, any one part isn't going to make you an Olympic grade shooter. However, the right component is one more tool you can use to get there.